Pages

Home in their arms

Home in their arms An autumnal reflection on the enduring comfort of parental love, where every season feels beautiful, sheltered, and care...

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The day bygone

I looked all around.
Shook the bedcovers.
Toppled the pillows.
Went down on my knees
and searched underneath the bed.
Switched on the flashlight
and checked all the toe-spaces.
Even the cabinets and wardrobes,
turned them topsy-turvy.
Emptied the drawers.
Ah! And stacked them again.
Explored all nooks,
every spot that I could think of.
Went around the house,
rummaging, seeking, failing, retrying.
You see, I had lost the day-bygone.
And I sought it now.
But all this search
and I still could not find my yesterday.
And at the eventide,
I realised,
I had lost my today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.