Saturday, January 24, 2015

Gone, but not forgotten

Dear Gammy,

Today I made the sweet yellow rice. Well, yes! I attempted them again.
And the Basant of 2012 flashed before my eyes.
It seemed like yesterday.
When mum was not home, and I tried my hand at what was supposed to be sweet yellow rice but ended up a disaster.
You were the only one who dared to taste that catastrophe. Even I gave up.
And just because you showed confidence in that mushy mess, I take leaps today.
I so wish you were here.
But your boat is already ashore.
You maybe gone, Gammy, but never forgotten.


Courtesy: Friday Fictioneers
Linking with : Friday Fictioneers

6 comments:

  1. Dear Ruby,

    A sweet story and a nice take on the prompt.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful little tale. I like the idea of 'the boat already ashore' when a lot of people have construed that final journey as 'putting out to sea'. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandra. I guess theology subconsciously inspired that particular idea.
      Namaste

      Delete
  3. This is a precious letter, Ruby. Nice way to handle the prompt.

    All my best,
    Marie Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marie for your kind words.
      Namaste

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.