Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Thursday, October 15, 2015

V is for ... Voice

Winds of whispers
Blow around me
And toss our words
In the dark silence.
Our hushed voices,
Long conversations,
Longer phone bills,
Resplendent nights.
You and me
Talking our hearts out
Till the wee hours of morning
Used to dawn upon us.
A million words scattered,
Between you and me
And bridging the distance
Beneath a million stars.
Now a million stars
Watch over me
As I stare at dark screen
Of my phone
And pine to hear
From you.
Your voice drifting away,
Receding to memoirs
Of yesterday.


Jenny Matlock

18 comments:

  1. Ruby, what enchanting yet melancholy words. I was moved by them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dayle. Thanks for stopping by and reading and leaving such kind words here.

      Delete
  2. Very creative poetry and great post for V!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby, Your poem reminds me of times past for me. It also makes me realize how fortunate I am that the voice I most always want to hear is the Husband and he is here. :-)
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is moving. It reminds me how odd it is to actually talk to anyone on the phone anymore. Texting and messaging has completely taken over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise thoughts Kathy. Technology has seriously changed the definition of staying connected.

      Delete
  5. powerful voice,
    your verse rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this was sad. But beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. English

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! https://lingbase.com/en/english/tests/grammar-test

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. translation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel confident to choose ACE CHINESE TRANSLATION if you are looking for a good translation company to handle your translation needs. Be assured that your materials will be take care by professional hands and eyes and you will get back your text in agreed time schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.