Skip to main content

Monday's measly minutes #3

Avli,

The cockcrow has brought good tidings.

And it is surprising how small things make a huge difference to the otherwise mundane and routine life.

Yes, it has been a most ordinary life. Like anybody else’s or perhaps everybody else’s. But we do not stop living it because it is ordinary. We try to find meaning in littlest of joys and we want to do away with tiniest of sorrows. Everybody strives to live. And same goes for me too.

To sum it all up, I was born a few years ago to the most loving family. I grew up, went to school and then to college. From a nestling to a bird – right before your eyes. I did what every child, teenager and young adult did at relevant times.

Routine life. Family. Eight-to-three friendships. Growing up. Job. And that's just about it.
Awesome so far.

There’s pleasure in being reminded of the value of ordinary life.
Karen Thompson Walker

But sometimes extraordinary does happen. And that transforms the taste of living. Like a dash of pepper and salt to the bland curd.

Something of the sorts has happened.


Avli … Avli … O Avli …


I wrote this on Monday ... yes, I did fit in my 10 measly minutes but never got time to update it.
Anyways, I am experimenting with NaNoWriMo challenge and this is a part of the story, if there is one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Showstopper's Yesterday

The 12 inch heel, the confident gait, The measured steps, the sudden halt, The blush on cheeks, the smoldering eyes, The hands on hips, head held high, The silken gown, barely there, A tilt of neck, balanced well, The sultry glance, timed right, Perfect half twirl, played twice, With a graceful swirl, she turns back. The world looks on with stolen breath, Oohs, aahs, applauds, encores. The showstopper’s yesterday, Now hangs in a gallery, Fading parchment, guarded unnecessarily. No shadows of glamour come a-chasing, For vacant eyes and sagging skin, For shattering illusions, hanging questions, Am I never going back? Linking with The Mag : Mag 147 Linking with Write on Edge : The Red Writing Hood - The Gallery Linking with My blog can beat up your blog : 100 Word Song : Never going back to Ok Linking with The Velvet Verbosity : 100 Words - Breath

Faint glimmer in heart

Ripe autumn air’s come to bless. Showering sweet November caress. We could be holding hands and walking, Silent but still talking. Faint glimmer in heart. White winters, no flowers in sight. Frosty December moonless night. And here I am hoping for your arm, To keep me safe, to keep me warm. Faint glimmer in heart. The year twenty twelve is leap they say. Oh! I can hope some more, there’s one more day. Hope for smiling summers with you, Hope for blessings to rain through. Faint glimmer in heart. Dying, not yet vanished, There’s a faint glimmer in this heart. Linking with Trifecta : Week Fifty Linking with Velvet Verbosity : 100 Words

The pain is all gone

It wasn't the first time. And it would not be the last. She could not stand them suffering like that. She asked for his consent. He expressed his willingness in whimpering sounds. And the pain was gone – forever. Linking up with Trifecta : Trifextra - Week Nineteen