Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Forever


Charts and optimal dates and preferential temperatures. One line or two. As if she could summon whatever it is that makes up the human soul as easily as she could a cab on a busy New York avenue.
Anger pulsed through every fiber of her being. Three times her seed been thwarted from blossoming; the flower nipped in bud.
Ludhiana. Amritsar. New York. Nothing had changed.
It was a girl the words left his lips, and stayed with her, forever ringing. Next time maybe came the consolation, and his X chromosomes consummated with hers again. The routine never wavered. Neither in pattern nor in words.
Three months was all she would get. And then, one word of doctor would bring her world crashing down.
Only not this time, she vowed. And a mother was born in that instant.


------------------------------------------
The story has been continued by Kelly Garriott Waite from Writing in the margins, bursting at the seams.
Please click here to read complete story.

When Trifecta first started, Joules was not an editor.  She was on the other side of things, and she won the first two Trifecta challenges.  Here is her first-ever Trifecta response.  It's 38 words.  We want you to give us the rest of it.
Charts and optimal dates and preferential temperatures. One line or two. As if she could summon whatever it is that makes up the human soul as easily as she could a cab on a busy New York avenue.

Even though I am not participating officially, I wanted to write for Trifecta.
And it is so heartening to have Kelly helping me out for the second leg of this story.

8 comments:

  1. Normally I don't read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.
    Feel free to surf my site ... boat charter Croatia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these kind words, I wish I knew your name.

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic Ruby. That's a lot of story for such few words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was sad and beautiful at the same time. I like her resolve at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that last line, Ruby. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele. I am really encouraged by your kind words.

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.