Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Rest in peace

A blessed soul of the community departed. He was a saintly spirit and Lord Almighty had graced him with the gift of music. Even though he could not see, yet he was so good at his craft that he was revered. I remember the sheer excitement which ran through my folks when he visited the town. They made that extra effort not to miss the time allotted to him in the Kirtan Darbar. With every breath he thanked Lord for the blessings He had bestowed upon him and it so seemed that every timehhe sounded more blessed in his craft. Unwavering in his faith till his last breath, he became a legend for the community. I, though not a very committed member of community, do cherish the times I heard him sing Gurbani and Shabad. And I don't know why, today, I feel that void in me, a bit of hollowness like I lost a distant relation, some faraway family member. My 100 words for his Faith...

‘Tis faith that inspired,
instilled the spirit,
to fly, even with broken wings.
And it is with faith alone,
that the fluttering whizzing,
was steadied.
Faith, that guided his hands
so that he strummed
those melodious hymns
that sang Thy praises.
Faith that granted vision to his heart,
to see Thy generous face
in the rising and falling octaves.
And it is with faith in Thee,
that he walks today,
through the Golden Gates of heaven,
leaving behind vacuity and silence.
Angels weep out of jealousy,
as they meet Thy Chosen Child.
Forever Yours,
he is now, forever with Thee.



Linking with Thin Spiral Notebook : 100 words 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.