Deana from “My thoughts on thesubject are as follows” has sent me this beautiful present - The Liebster award. I cannot put it in words how pleased I am (read my blog is) to have received an award. The blog has made a humble beginning towards a journey of many more miles. I am truly overwhelmed and honored with this love showered on my blog.
Having made my “thank you speech”, I will now receive this award, share some facts, answer some questions and nominate other blogs that I think are worthy recipients of this award.
Fact 1 – I prefer my mother’s cooking to all others.
Fact 2 – I love reading, mostly fictions.
Fact 3 – I love knitting and crocheting.
Fact 4 – I can’t drive, not even ride a bicycle.
Fact 5 – I am dead scared of lizards.
Fact 6 – I was/am Phantom, Mandrake, Jeanie, Bewitched, Different strokes, Small wonder and Cullen family addict.
Fact 7 – I am attracted to bracelets and anklets. At one point I boasted of a bracelet collection where I could wear them once a month without repeating.
Fact 8 – I prefer winters to summers, mainly because I love winter clothes.
Fact 9 – When it comes to shopping, I can’t resist buying jackets.
Fact 10 – I am a little short tempered. Ok. More than a little.
Fact 11 – Amidst job hunting, I am enjoying my home tutoring and writing exercises.
Now over to answering the questions:
1. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Thank you is the best prayer.
2. If tomorrow was your last day, what would you do?
3. How old were you when you first truly felt love?
Culprit question that delayed this thank you post. I did not want to delay indefinitely so I gave up and wrote the rest of the post instead.
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Diwali, i like the holes in the darkness that are supposed to light up our lives.
5. Do you believe in Karma and why?
I am not sure if I do. But I do believe in action and it having an equal and opposite reaction.
6. What does this nomination mean to you?
An honor. I feel so grateful for this nomination. The support, the appreciation, the love that I have received is truly priceless.
7. If you could spend the day with 1 person, past or present, who would it be?
My maternal grandmother.
8. What do you like most about yourself?
9. What do you like least about yourself?
My short temper.
10. Why do you write?
Because I know no other creativity that helps me express my self.
11. What do you miss most about your childhood?
Many things, carefree life would top them all.
Nominating some blogs:
They will have to post eleven facts about themselves.
Answer the questions that the tagger has set for them.
Choose eleven people with fewer than 200 followers
Go over to their page and tell them about the win
And no tag backs.
My questions for the nominations:
1. What is your favorite color and why?
2. What does this award mean to you?
3. If you could be any character in a movie, what would you be?
4. What is your first childhood wish?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. What is your favorite blog?
7. Who was your first crush?
8. What is your favorite dish?
9. What would be one material thing you would want to accompany you after death?
10. Who would be one celebrity you would like to spend an hour with?
11. What is your favorite quote?
Thanks. This would be one of the biggest posts in long time now.