Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Winter in the soul

As I snuggle beside him,
I feel his warmth.
The heat of his body,
the cosy mink blanket,
and his overwhelming,
heartening
care and love.
Its all warm. Balmy.
Inviting. And welcoming.
And I am all snow stricken,
frozen and cold.
All that warmth melts me.
But I still shiver.
He asks me if I am still cold.
No. I am not.
But I can’t tell him
that we have wandered
from sunshine
towards shadows.
And its not my body
but my soul that is cold,
shivery and frosty.
So I say yes.
Yes, I am still cold.
He hugs me tighter.
Sacrifices his space
and even sleep for me.
Cuddles me all night.
At length, I don’t know when,
I stop shivering and fall asleep.
Clutching him tighter than ever.
Holding him like a lifeline.
Only to see him wandering in the morning.

1 comment:

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.