Hark! The rhythm

Hark! The rhythm. The pellet drum rattles. The dance begins. The creation, the annihilation, the fleeing in-betweens, and beyond these appar...

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A June night

If a June night
Could talk
It would perhaps
Whisper the song
Of fireflies,
Ripping
The thunderous silence,
Coming alive
With the dance
Of
Silvery and sultry
Moonbeams,
Swaying gently
With their rhythm,
Ruffling
The souls and depths
Of sentries,
Tall and dark,
Standing guardians
To the odyssey of hearts
Under the
Black satin cover
Decked with frail
White stars,
Their thousand
Leaves rustling
With the touch of
Summer breeze,
Breathing
In soft susurrus
The words left hanging
In the slumber
Of
A summer noon
And
Secrets shared
In fading
Golden glints
And
Promises pledged
By the eventide.
If only!



13 comments:

  1. If only we could hear the June night talk! Would love to hear what it would have to say in the meantime I will enjoy my "slumber of a summer noon"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was lovely. I could feel it to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something about June, isn't there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there definitely is :)thank you for your visit Judie

      Delete
  4. This is just perfectly spoken from a true June day and night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh.

    I wrote a little poem before I started reading these links...and now I'm always ashamed to post mine tomorrow!

    You are really a wonderful wordsmith!

    You take these vowels and consonants and cast them into something warm and moving and lovely.

    Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny. I am almost speechless at such kind words and encouragement :) Thank you so much and I am looking forward to read yours.

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.