Skip to main content

Knitted love

Was it just last week -
When I started working,
Through the little tangles,
Of the pink and yellow yarn,
The one that is now,
A close resemblance of,
With the two grey pins,
And rhythm in their feet,
With a knot here and a knit there,
Purls and cables, layer by layer,
The growing piece -
Knitted in stolen moments,
Midst the rush of life,
Those flutters of heart
With the misses of loops,
For the want of help,
And then the deft rescues
Of mother’s trained hands,
- The love for loved
Has taken shape.
Encore?
The blue yarn asks.
Yes.

Comments

  1. That's so brilliantly colorful Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy both for introducing me to the prompt and such kind words.

      Delete
  2. I really like this! I glanced at my little tangles yesterday sitting on my desk and wondered if they would become the piece I have planned before Christmas rolls around. Thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure Kathryn, you will have it ready well before Christmas. I am happy if this encourages you :) Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. I love it when we can feel the words besides hear them! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a fellow knitter ( with 6 Christmas project on the needles) I found this to be inspirational and insightful . ...and beautifully written!
    BCIJo...Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, you are so kind to leave me such beautiful thoughts for my little post. It means so much to me if it can inspire and encourage you. :)

      Delete
  5. With this piece you have re-ignited my neglected, forlorn project that has been stuffed away for months. With every new row I create, I will remember your beautiful poem...very well written !!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. I am glad the post stands as an inspiration to you. Your words are being cherished by me.

      Delete
  6. Wow.

    This was beautiful.

    Absolutely beautiful.

    Are there magazines for knitting and needle crafts? If so, I think you should send this along.

    It is so evocative and powerful.

    I love the imagery here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.

Popular posts from this blog

Showstopper's Yesterday

The 12 inch heel, the confident gait, The measured steps, the sudden halt, The blush on cheeks, the smoldering eyes, The hands on hips, head held high, The silken gown, barely there, A tilt of neck, balanced well, The sultry glance, timed right, Perfect half twirl, played twice, With a graceful swirl, she turns back. The world looks on with stolen breath, Oohs, aahs, applauds, encores. The showstopper’s yesterday, Now hangs in a gallery, Fading parchment, guarded unnecessarily. No shadows of glamour come a-chasing, For vacant eyes and sagging skin, For shattering illusions, hanging questions, Am I never going back? Linking with The Mag : Mag 147 Linking with Write on Edge : The Red Writing Hood - The Gallery Linking with My blog can beat up your blog : 100 Word Song : Never going back to Ok Linking with The Velvet Verbosity : 100 Words - Breath

Faint glimmer in heart

Ripe autumn air’s come to bless. Showering sweet November caress. We could be holding hands and walking, Silent but still talking. Faint glimmer in heart. White winters, no flowers in sight. Frosty December moonless night. And here I am hoping for your arm, To keep me safe, to keep me warm. Faint glimmer in heart. The year twenty twelve is leap they say. Oh! I can hope some more, there’s one more day. Hope for smiling summers with you, Hope for blessings to rain through. Faint glimmer in heart. Dying, not yet vanished, There’s a faint glimmer in this heart. Linking with Trifecta : Week Fifty Linking with Velvet Verbosity : 100 Words

The pain is all gone

It wasn't the first time. And it would not be the last. She could not stand them suffering like that. She asked for his consent. He expressed his willingness in whimpering sounds. And the pain was gone – forever. Linking up with Trifecta : Trifextra - Week Nineteen

About Me

Whispering Thoughts
I fall in love with souls, not faces.

Down the memory lane

Show more