Pages

Paper boats

Sometimes the greatest joys begin before the first raindrop falls—folded paper boats, hopeful skies, and childhood waiting for nature to kee...

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The ringing phone

It is one of those few times
when I get to listen to my ringtone.
I tend to forget the tone,
so, the incoming ring resounds
for some time, quite some time.
Lengthily, I recognize the tune,
then rush to respond,
before the phoner disconnects,
only to receive shrill sound
of someone trying to sell property
to unknown somebody.
Politely, I inform
of not being the person
they were trying to connect to,
like countless previous times
in thirty-eight months.
Discussion ends.
Screen unlits, stripped of light,
but my eyes rest there, fixed.
Couldn't you phone me erroneously?
Even once?

Linking with Thin Spiral Notebook: 100 words: A minus

6 comments:

  1. I thought having a cell phone would shield me from telemarketers. Now, I get more bogus calls than real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two lines were a knife in the heart. Nice twist.

    ReplyDelete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.