Pages

Paper boats

Sometimes the greatest joys begin before the first raindrop falls—folded paper boats, hopeful skies, and childhood waiting for nature to kee...

Friday, March 20, 2015

Vicious desires

Then I saw you.
Aglow. Alight.
And it was like
You and I
We were meant to be.
Always. Forever.
In that one moment,
One flash of a second,
I imagined my whole life with you.
Truly, Madly, Deeply,
I fell for you.
You, who were
All light, all fire, all power, all beauty.
I, a mere moth,
Bewitched by your
Flickering dance,
Rushed to embrace you,
To seal
What I felt was mine
With passion.
Your very touch
Seared me through.
Singed,
I let my
Vicious desires
Consume me.
Satiated,
I abandoned myself
In the bosom of
My infatuation.

Linking with : Velvet Verbosity : 100 words : Vicious

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ruby, it is so nice to visit you again and read your sweet words. You are a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia. It is sheer pleasure to hear from you after such a long time.

      Delete

Since every thought is a seed, I am looking forward to a delicious harvest.